Snippets of Recent Thoughts

>> Thursday, September 25, 2008

Super villains tend to monologue and blame everyone else for their situation. Super heroes analyze the situation, state their goals, then keep their mouths shut and bring the smackdown. Which one will you be today?


My dreams (in the goals sense of the word) have a home of their own within my Imagination, and exist in the same way the worlds in my books exist (they live next door). They are calming and soothing to me. Now that someone has suggested that I can actually attain my dreams, they've moved out of that house into the neighborhood of Possible, and I have an empty house in Imagination to sell. It's very lonely.


Words have power over emotion. I woke up this morning and thought, "Hey, it's kind of windy." I've thought that many mornings; it was often windy in Rochester. A high-wind day there brought gusts around 40 or 50 mph, and the worst I remember was 80mph. It was a Very Windy Day, but we all went to work and toddled along in our lives just fine. But today, our rip-roaring 27mph wind gusts have the title Tropical Depression, heading towards Tropical Cyclonic Activity, and the next thing you know, we'll be giving it a name like Kyle or Lucy. 27mph winds are nothing, but give them a name, and there's fear.


I have been momentarily thwarted by tortillas.

0 comments:

About This Blog

Life is about changes; transitions from one place to another, from one purpose to another, from one being to another. They say that the person you are today is a completely different person from who you were ten years ago and who you'll be ten years from now. So far, at the age of 33, I've had four major transitions in my life which redefined who I am. Two years into the results of the most recent transition I am again - still - exploring how God is shaping me. Over the next few months I hope to review my past and set goals for the future, and embrace the next adventure of rediscovering me.

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP