A comforting perfume...

>> Wednesday, September 17, 2008

There is a certain scent... a perfume, if you will... that fills the heart, settles the mind, and comforts the soul. It says, "Yesterday shapes, tomorrow we'll strive for, but now is here and it is Good." It promises the warmth of a heavy quilt in the cold, the loyal love of a friend to come. It offers adventure in mind and wonders unknown in the safety of home. This scent fills me with hope and overwhelming peace.

This scent is Books.

And now that we've transferred our library to the second biggest room in the house, that scent is also Bedroom. And now I am home.

0 comments:

About This Blog

Life is about changes; transitions from one place to another, from one purpose to another, from one being to another. They say that the person you are today is a completely different person from who you were ten years ago and who you'll be ten years from now. So far, at the age of 33, I've had four major transitions in my life which redefined who I am. Two years into the results of the most recent transition I am again - still - exploring how God is shaping me. Over the next few months I hope to review my past and set goals for the future, and embrace the next adventure of rediscovering me.

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP