Turkey Cranberry Creation

>> Monday, October 13, 2008

Today's dinner experiment! Having browsed through the Crockpot lady's blog, as well as a couple other places for ideas, here's what I just threw in the crockpot:

1.3 lb. ground turkey
2 small bell peppers
rest of the bag of dried cranberries I found in the cupboard that were still soft and within useby date
Half a packet of Tastefully Simple Spinach and Herb... herbs. (Basically it's dried onion, garlic, parsley, dill, and oregano? Something green and flaky that's not parsley or dill. Oh, wait. It's 'Spinach and Herb'. Maybe the green flaky bits are spinach. *heh* )
3/4 c. brown Minute rice
1 c. H2O

I feel like it's missing something vital, like a cream-of soup (*shiver*) or something to make it more sticky casserolish. But I want it to be mostly meat and veggies, and not so much on the carbs, so if it's too dry I'll add something at serving time. I think the flavors should all go well though.

Here's hoping! Update later tonight!

UPDATE:
How did I forget salt?? *doh!* It was edible, but pretty flavorless. Adding salt at the table helped, but I also underestimated the amount of herbal seasoning it would need. If I had more of all the ingredients (except the meat, that was a good amount), and seasoned it properly, I think it would have been pretty good. And it did end up stewish... it was wet enough to stick together, but not so wet it was soup, and not so dry the rice was crunchy.

So there you have it.

0 comments:

About This Blog

Life is about changes; transitions from one place to another, from one purpose to another, from one being to another. They say that the person you are today is a completely different person from who you were ten years ago and who you'll be ten years from now. So far, at the age of 33, I've had four major transitions in my life which redefined who I am. Two years into the results of the most recent transition I am again - still - exploring how God is shaping me. Over the next few months I hope to review my past and set goals for the future, and embrace the next adventure of rediscovering me.

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP