This week's Educational Philosophy

>> Monday, October 27, 2008

Up this week, we have: Johann Pestalozzi, Friedrich Froebel, John Dewey, and Maria Montessori.

Also due:

  • Discussion post (the equivalent of a 1 page paper);
  • 3 or more replies to classmate's discussion posts
  • another 1-2 page paper (these ones always turn out to be 3 for me);
  • a 3-6 page paper (3 parts, 1-2 pages each, so it'll probably be around 7 pages); This one could be fun if I take the time; it's basically going through all the philosophies we've learned about so far, highlighting a couple points from each, and creating my own educational philosophy. I'm looking forward to it, if I can manage to find some focus.
  • All of this is based on much reading, some of which I've done, some I haven't.

Also due for Making Connections class (Ed 1011):
  • 2 page research paper on career profiles and opportunities
We're going to Charlotte next weekend to see my brother and sister-in-law and Kaylee, so I have to do a little work ahead as well.

I also have to make bread and figure out dinners for the week, and we really really need to get those smoke detectors installed, and probably clean the house a bit... it's gotten really messy, and the clutter is distracting... and I'm having someone over on Thursday morning to hang out. And I really want to get into my Bible Study lessons as well, which probably won't happen.

I'm feeling a bit busy.

EDIT: Just for kicks, we have Johann Pestalozzi (Philosopher) vs. Roger Rees (Actor)


Photo from my web homework * Photo from imdb.com

0 comments:

About This Blog

Life is about changes; transitions from one place to another, from one purpose to another, from one being to another. They say that the person you are today is a completely different person from who you were ten years ago and who you'll be ten years from now. So far, at the age of 33, I've had four major transitions in my life which redefined who I am. Two years into the results of the most recent transition I am again - still - exploring how God is shaping me. Over the next few months I hope to review my past and set goals for the future, and embrace the next adventure of rediscovering me.

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP