Fake Greek Turkey Loaf Sandwich Thing

>> Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I had some ingredients. Not many. Talked to Kit a little bit, got some ideas, ended up creating a Kinda-Greek meat loaf sandwich that was good but has given me heartburn. In case your digestion is better than mine, here's what I did:

1 lb ground turkey
Mix in finely chopped basil, marjoram, and rosemary. The basil is the strongest in flavor, so use less of it if you don't want it to all taste like basil. Add kosher salt and pepper.

Form it into a loaf, and bake it. This time it took 40 minutes for most of it at 350. I think my oven's uneven, (say that ten times fast!) since the ends of the loaf were getting tough and the middle had a tiiiiiiny tinge of pink to it. Argh.

Anyway, then slice the homemade bread you threw together the other day, wrap it in tin foil and pop it in the oven when you bring out the meat and let it warm in the residual heat (turn the oven off!) while you set the table and all that jazz.

Spread mayo/Miracle Whip or tzestieke, which I can't spell, or sour cream or greek yogurt or something on the bread, (we had the first option) then meat slice, then sliced cucumbers and tomatoes.

It was really good. I had a glass of ice tea with it. I had my sandwich open faced and ate with a fork and knife, Lanse ate his like a sandwich. I couldn't quite finish mine, he had one and what was left of mine, and was full. But we don't usually eat much anyway.

0 comments:

About This Blog

Life is about changes; transitions from one place to another, from one purpose to another, from one being to another. They say that the person you are today is a completely different person from who you were ten years ago and who you'll be ten years from now. So far, at the age of 33, I've had four major transitions in my life which redefined who I am. Two years into the results of the most recent transition I am again - still - exploring how God is shaping me. Over the next few months I hope to review my past and set goals for the future, and embrace the next adventure of rediscovering me.

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP