Miracle Chicken, and other fowl things

>> Friday, December 19, 2008

I was so impressed with the results of the last time I crock-potted a whole chicken, that I've done it again! We had dinner Wednesday night with Donna Rae and her grandson Tanner, so I put a chicken in with some orange juice and rosemary (and S&P and garlic salt and some onions) and we had it with mashed sweet potatoes and green beans and warm home baked bread.

Oh yeah, the bread was interesting because we ran out of regular flour 1/2 cup short, so we supplemented it with ground almond flour. The bread is really good, it's a bit more holey/airy than usual, but I don't know if that's the fault of the almond flour or not.

For the chicken, I went back through my blog posts to see what else I did with it the first time, and wouldn't you know it, I discovered that I'd cooked a Miracle Chicken! Here's a quote from the original chicken post: "We're now going on Day 3 of leftovers; the first leftover day we just ate the chicken again with a veggie, yesterday I made stoup (see next post), and today I think I may just have turkey sandwiches for lunch."

No one else noticed that my chicken miraculously turned into a turkey! Woo!!

For this week, I've played around with more chicken things. Last night I made a sauce with orange juice and curry powder and we poured that over chicken on rice. Today I've tried to make the stoup again, though I used a little less green pepper, more chives (which are actual herb chives, not green onions which I used last time), and instead of rice I put in a small box of Rice and Vermicelli that we got somewhere. The R&V came with a spice packet, and I wanted the little red/orange bits I've always thought were carrots, but then it turned out that most of the spice packet was beef broth. I put about half that packet in, so we've got beef and chicken broth in it. The whole thing looks wonderful though, and I can't wait for dinner!

0 comments:

About This Blog

Life is about changes; transitions from one place to another, from one purpose to another, from one being to another. They say that the person you are today is a completely different person from who you were ten years ago and who you'll be ten years from now. So far, at the age of 33, I've had four major transitions in my life which redefined who I am. Two years into the results of the most recent transition I am again - still - exploring how God is shaping me. Over the next few months I hope to review my past and set goals for the future, and embrace the next adventure of rediscovering me.

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP