Christmas 2008

>> Thursday, December 25, 2008

Happy Christmas everyone!

We went to Green Dragon (the game store) yesterday afternoon; Lanse played a game, I did some homework on my laptop. I also secretly got stocking stuffers for Lanse and filled the stocking last night and he said I was very good at sneaky and he was very surprised this morning! Yay! We went to the 10:00 p.m. Christmas Eve service at church, which was very pretty but kind of disappointing because it was the normal Sunday morning litergy with extra music and flowers. I'd expected something very different after having talked with people who've been there for years.

This morning I got up first and ran coffee, then Lanse got up and we sat in the living room in our pajamas and drank coffee and opened presents. He liked his stocking stuffers, and I got him the graphic novel version of Terry Pratchett's first two Discworld novels. He got me Prince Caspian movie and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade with the holographic cover. Ooooh.

As part of my "I love you" present I made the most enormous omelet with bacon and cheese and saute'd veggies.

My love gift to Lanse:


While I was cooking, he tidied the kitchen and dining room and living room. Then we ate, and he cleaned up breakfast, and I put our Christmas dinner into the crockpot. While I was finishing that, I looked up to see him MOPPING. (No, we don't own a proper mop. He did all the hardwood floors in the house like the picture.) He then informed me that he had cleaned the bathrooms as well.

Lanse's love gift to me:


A Bible verse came to mind (butchered by me): "Greater love has no man than this, that he clean his whole house for his wife." (Adapted from John 15:13). I feel so loved!

I think we may watch the Narnia movies later, now that we have both of them. So far it's been a great Christmas!

Happy and enjoyable Holy Days to everyone from us!


Us, midnight, Christmas morning.

0 comments:

About This Blog

Life is about changes; transitions from one place to another, from one purpose to another, from one being to another. They say that the person you are today is a completely different person from who you were ten years ago and who you'll be ten years from now. So far, at the age of 33, I've had four major transitions in my life which redefined who I am. Two years into the results of the most recent transition I am again - still - exploring how God is shaping me. Over the next few months I hope to review my past and set goals for the future, and embrace the next adventure of rediscovering me.

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP