Meatloaf Cupcakes

>> Thursday, August 28, 2008

All righty! I've made meatloaf, but got a bit jazzy and put them in cupcake shapes! Here's the digs:

Preheat oven to 350.

In a bowl beat up an egg with some milk (probably about 1/4 c., I dunno, I splashed it in). Add a splash of Worcestershire sauce and a few dribblings of ketchup. I also added fresh rosemary from the garden, kosher salt, and a bit of paprika because I realized I haven't any black pepper.

Put three saltine crackers in a zip lock bag and smash the crap out of them.

Finely dice 1/4 of a green bell pepper (unless they're dinky, then add more) and 1/3 a steak tomato.

Mix everything together (veggies, cracker crumbs, beat egg/milk/spice mix) with 1 lb. ground beef. Don't mix it too much or something weird will happen. I don't remember what, but I remember the warning from others.

Put liners in a cupcake tin. This mix made 8 cupcakes in my 12 cupcake tin, so if you do the same, be sure they're spaced evenly so they'll cook evenly. I probably should have checkerboarded them now that I think about it, but I put them in rows down each side with the middle empty.

Scoop mix into cupcake tin. Meat doesn't rise, so if you want a nice round cupcake top, form it now. Slather ("frost"?) the tops of the cupcakes with ketchup.

Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

0 comments:

About This Blog

Life is about changes; transitions from one place to another, from one purpose to another, from one being to another. They say that the person you are today is a completely different person from who you were ten years ago and who you'll be ten years from now. So far, at the age of 33, I've had four major transitions in my life which redefined who I am. Two years into the results of the most recent transition I am again - still - exploring how God is shaping me. Over the next few months I hope to review my past and set goals for the future, and embrace the next adventure of rediscovering me.

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP