Guac for two

>> Thursday, August 28, 2008

I'm feeling inspired to do stuff in the kitchen. I just made guacamole!

1 avocado, ripe: chop into chunks
1 small tomato from my garden: chop into chunks

Alton Brown says to use cilantro, cumin, cayenne, garlic, onion, S&P. However, I haven't got cilantro, cumin, garlic or onion. Instead I:

Ground up whole coriander (cumin sub.) in a makeshift mortar & pestle. Added parsley (cilantro sub.) and cayenne. Eliminated salt simply because I added garlic salt and celery salt (cilantro sub.), but it seems to need more salt which I shall add shortly.

Throw it all into a bowl; I like it chunky, so I did just two or three mooshes with a potato masher. Alton says to let it sit out for an hour and then eat it, but I like it cold... so it's in the fridge for dinner. No idea what we'll have with it, but I'm willing to bed that Mojitos will be involved.

Yum!

Next I'm considering meatloaf, quiche, mupcakes, or all three. Quiche might wait though, because we're out of shredded mexican cheese.

0 comments:

About This Blog

Life is about changes; transitions from one place to another, from one purpose to another, from one being to another. They say that the person you are today is a completely different person from who you were ten years ago and who you'll be ten years from now. So far, at the age of 33, I've had four major transitions in my life which redefined who I am. Two years into the results of the most recent transition I am again - still - exploring how God is shaping me. Over the next few months I hope to review my past and set goals for the future, and embrace the next adventure of rediscovering me.

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP